August 13, 2017

DOOM

Date played: August 12th
Platform: PS4

I didn't play for very long, but I made some progress good progress in the level. I was tasked with destroying 4 demonic nests, scattered around a mining outpost of some sort. As usual, the main appeal here is the intense action and gory violence. DOOM really pushes the player to play aggressively, rewarding gutsy moves and offensive tactics rather than more passive plays.
Combat is satisfyingly violent

Throughout the level, I fought a few new types of enemies. Some of them now have beam weapons that can be fired from long range, as well as a berserker type that just jumps and attacks with it's fists. These Hulk-like beasts are scary, and very powerful. I am using my secondary weapons a lot more now, particularly the shotgun's explosive shells and the assault rifle's mini missiles.

I also picked up a new weapon, a plasma rifle, which rapidly fires orbs of energy. It seems pretty cool, but I think I prefer the shotgun and assault rifles. I got a couple of upgrades for my armor and ammo capacity, both of which have come in handy already. Carrying more ammo just means that I don't have to use the chainsaw as much, so that's cool.

I fucking love this game, it's intense, and I usually don't play it for very long, but the combat is very satisfying and fun.