August 3, 2017

DOOM

Date played: August 2nd
Platform: PS4

Well, I finally decided to start DOOM!

I had LOVED the demo when I played it last year. Unfortunately for me, what I played last night is pretty much the same as the demo, so I don't have a lot of new things to say. The action is still as crazy as it was in the demo, and the graphics look even better thanks to the PS4 Pro.

I did start the second level a little bit, but only for a few minutes. It was enough time to get my hands on a new, very iconic weapon, the chainsaw! It's a special weapon that is activated separately from the regular weapons. They key thing with it is that it generates a bunch of ammo with each kill, so it's a perfect way to recharge while still having fun and moving forward.

There's something special here, that's for sure. It's the simple things that make it stand apart. Stuff like no reloading, no fall damage, no recharging health, no cover system, etc. This is a pure shooter that focuses on the fun, and that's great! I can't wait to kill more demons.