August 13, 2017

Broken Age

Date played: August 12th
Platform: PS4

I made lots of progress in Broken Age late last night. I knew there was something weird going on with the snake at the edge of the forest, so I went back to see him again, letting myself get captured. I tried every item I had, even trying combinations, but nothing worked. I decided to see what would happen if I just waited, and sure enough, the snake got tired and eventually let go...

Fucking stupid puzzle... Anyway, I took the snake to the town's mayor. After getting squeezed by the slimy beast, the mayor spit out what was choking him, a small tuning shell. I showed him the blueprint for one of the parts needed on Alex's ship and he made me a model with sand. I then went to see the tree in the forest, and made him puke up some sap on the model. The new hardened model was good enough to be used as a mold for the lumberjack, turned metal-worker, to make me a metal version. I brought this back to Alex and he installed it on the ship.

I was still missing lots of stuff though. I offered the Vella cupcake to everyone I met. Eventually, the dad from the cloud city family agreed to taste it, but since he's on a gluten-free diet, he only licked off the frosting. The naked cupcake needed some fresh frosting, so I went to see Vella's grandfather, who always carries emergency frosting in his walking cane. He used up the last of his frosting to fix my cupcake, then gave me the empty cane.

I went to see the Dead Eye girls and challenged them to a stick battle, which I promptly lost. However, the teens decided that they had enough of worshiping the Dead Eye God and took some important decisions. This led to them jumping off the cloud, naked, leaving their robes behind. The flew into the sunset, hopefully towards a bright future.
These girls made some big changes in their lives!

These robes made for a great material for a radiation suit. I went to see the rejected Maiden and gave her the materials. She made me a beautiful, feathery suit which I brought to Alex. I then went to see my father to help him with his weird mixture to fix the ship's hull. After a bit of fucking around, I figured out that I had to drop some egg shells and some fruit juice into the mixture. I would then use my talking spoon to measure the ph level until it was exactly 7. Satisfied with the mixture, my dad went back to the ship.

I still need to find a way to fix my robot guy, and I need some sort of anti-gravity device. For the robot, I need some wire, which I can get from Carol, the fisherman lady. She wants a good hook, but she won't take my crochet hook. I need to prove to her that it's a good thing to use for fishing somehow. The other item will require that I find a way to help brother Lightbeard off his cloud, but I have no idea what to do.