August 18, 2015

Volgarr the Viking

Date played: August 17th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 7/10

After completing the remixed musical levels from Rayman Legends with my daughter, she wanted to play another game. It's pretty rare that I use my Xbox when she's around, so when I was browsing my game list, she saw a few new games that she had never seen before. She stopped me at Volgarr the Viking. I think the badass imagery is what got her interested...

I played around with this insanely difficult game for a while, just enough to reach the first checkpoint. My daughter loved it when Volgarr got some upgrades, the helmet in particular. When I got hit, she speculated that the monsters took the piece of equipment away and hid it in another chest later in the level... I like her reasoning!