August 28, 2015

Rocket League

Date played: August 27th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

So I managed to cobble together a pretty good deal on Kijiji. I traded The Order: 1886 and Lego: The Hobbit for Batman Arkham Knight. I put my new disc in to play a little bit, but was surprised to see the game needed a huge 4 GB patch... So as it downloaded, I played Rocket League instead.

I played pretty damn well, though I didn't score as much as usual. I ended up making plays instead, relying on my teammates to complete what I started. It worked well for the most part and I won most of my matches. I made myself a real rival, some guy named Kyle or something.

I win this sprint for the ball and score!
He played a lot like me, watching the play from behind and coming in strong when needed. He could read the field a lot like I do, instead of just barging in to hit the ball like some idiots do. On many, many occasions, we cancelled out each other's plays, mostly by anticipating what the other would do. It was really exciting and reminded me of individual player rivalries in hockey during the playoffs. We would even knock each other around a little bit when the ball was far away, just to say "Hey, I'm still here and I'm watching your ass."