August 15, 2015

Limbo

Date played: August 14th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

Between bouts of Rocket League, my bro and I played a bit of Limbo. I played this on Xbox 360 back when it first released in 2010. It's been re-released on PS4 for free with PS+ this month and since I totally loved it back then, I was happy to play it again.

The spider is scary as fuck... 
The game's incredible art style sets the mood very well, as does the sparse sound design. The kid wakes up and there are no instructions on screen. Everything is pitch black and the atmosphere is oppressing... I managed to make it past a giant spider that was blocking the way, sticking it`s ugly legs right through the kid's skull when I failed. Eventually, I snapped off it's legs by luring the insect into traps, then used it's inert body as a bridge over a spike pit. I also avoided traps set by other people, even using dead bodies to act as trap triggers...

Limbo is a very unique 2D puzzle platformer and I'm glad I can play it again.