August 3, 2015

Four Brother Melee Special

Date played: August 2nd
Platform: PS4/PC
Session fun rating: 10/10

Three of my brothers spent the evening at my house last night and it quickly turned into a big Rocket League and Nidhogg event. In Nidhogg, we tried out the tournament mode, which works pretty well. We had many intense battles, but I think we've reached a point where we master the Castle map a little too much. There are a couple of spots on the map that became real stalemates in many matches, including one absolutely epic 7 minute match.
I'm orange, my second bro is red, my third bro is teal and my fifth bro is blue
Rocket League is where it's at though. That game has four player split screen, so we took advantage of that with some intense 2 vs 2 battles. Having two fewer players on the field opens up the game a little, but it also makes it harder to defend. We really had lots of fun with this, screaming and yelling and cheering way too loudly.

When one of my bros had to leave, we turned to online multiplayer as a powerful 3 man team. Together, we completely dominated every single match we played with ease. I mean, we fucking crushed it. My youngest brother was a good scrambler, getting in close and knocking the ball out of the melee. My third brother was a good center, always in a good position to receive the ball in the middle and manning goal when needed. Finally, I was a good shooter, getting huge shots into goal from across the field. My play was risky, but also very high reward and spectacular. Rocket League is even better when playing with people in the same room, I fucking love it!