August 4, 2015

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Date played: August 3rd
Platform: Wii
Session fun rating: 8/10

My daughter wanted to play "The Zelda game with the wolf", so I played a bit of Twilight Princess with her. I made it back to the village as a wolf. To progress, I had to find a sword and shield, but since I was a wolf, the villagers were scared and would run away. I also discovered that I can speak to animals, which was pretty hilarious... I sneaked around town and entered people's houses through windows or by digging holes, then got my sword and shield.
Ordona, the spirit of the Faron
I was now able to enter Faron Woods, which had fallen into twilight. I found a spirit that tasked me with finding some "spirit lights", scattered around the woods. The lights were sealed inside small insects that I had to kill. I also learned a new move that dispatches multiple twilight enemies at once, but takes time to charge. After collecting all the lights, I went back to the spirit who gave me the ability to turn back into human form. He asked that I find three of his kindred, starting with the nearby spirit lost in the forest temple. I entered the dungeon, but didn't really do much outside of a few early rooms.