August 12, 2015

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Date played: August 12th
Platform: Wii
Session fun rating: 8/10

My daughter and I played through the first real dungeon of Twilight Princess, the Forest Temple. The whole thing revolves around freeing a bunch of monkeys from cages. They then form "monkey rope" to help Link swing across chasms and pits. The mid-dungeon boss was a larger, much funnier monkey who attacked me with a boomerang while slapping his ass like a cheap hooker. When I defeated him, I was rewarded with the Gale Boomerang, a fancy weapon that sends a gust of wind towards it's target, can target up to five things at once, stuns enemies and can activate certain switches and bridges.

Diababa, the boss of the Forest Temple
I made my way through the rest of the dungeon, freeing monkeys and jumping from bridge to bridge until I had all the little primates. They then formed a giant monkey rope to the boss room! The boss was a pretty cool creature with two giant mouths and a large cyclops body. My ass-slapping friend made a triumphant return, furnishing me with bombs that I could send towards the boss with the boomerang. After a few hits, he went down and dropped a heart, as well as a Twilight item that Midna was looking for.

We went back to town only to discover that the kids had all been kidnapped by twilight monsters. The forest is out of twilight though, so that means I made it to Hyrule Field for the first time. I can't wait to explore the beautiful landscapes ahead.