August 17, 2015

Trine 2

Date played: August 16th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

My daughter wanted to replay Costume Quest 2, but I really didn't want to play it again... I convinced her to play something else, so as we were browsing my PS4 collection, she stopped me at Trine 2, mainly because of the colorful art. It's been over a year since the last time I played this game, but it was easy to pick up and play quickly.
The witch
I used the wizard, the thief and the warrior to solve a few puzzles and progress to the next level. There was some pretty elaborate stuff where I had to move around pipes to stop fire streams. Some of these even heated up some cauldrons that spawned enemies when boiled. There was also some clever stuff with portals where I had to use the power of gravity to propel myself forward. We made our way through the witch's castle and met her. She congratulated us on making it through the traps she had set for the goblins and pointed us in the right direction for the next level.