August 15, 2015

Rocket League

Date played: August 14th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

My youngest brother came over and the night quickly turned into a big Rocket League night. Together, my bro and I decimated team after team while battling online. We lost a few matches when we faced some opponents that were clearly very skilled, but for the most part, our simple, smart plays paid off. Don't get me wrong, we had a couple of absolutely spectacular moves too, but the simple plays win matches.

I rocket boost into the ball to score, as my brother protects my side in his little truck
My brother was actually really good at scrambling in the corners, kicking the ball out to the center, offering me golden opportunities to smash the ball in the back of the net. I've really started to play the game from a lot further back, capitalizing on high speeds and momentum to boost into the ball at just the right time. Granted, sometimes I just fucking miss, Charlie Brown style, but when I hit it just right, no one can fucking stop me.