August 22, 2015

Rocket League

Date played: August 21st
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating:10/10

After watching the incredible final game of the recent MLG tournament, I simply had to play when I got home. I'm no where near the skill level of guys like Kronovi or Gambit, but I still play pretty damn well. I stick to the basics, but I do it at very high speeds now. More often than not, I find that teams have trouble defending against a solid banked centering pass on the boards. Of course, there are some very good goalies out there, but they can't be everywhere at the same time. Constant pressure seems to do the trick for me.

Yes, I score on this play and yes, it's fucking glorious
In most games, I was paired with competent teammates and opponents, which made it lots of fun... I'm typically the guy who hovers around the middle of the arena. I'm no good in goal, so I only go near my own net when I know it's absolutely necessary. I tend to set up plays from the middle, then coming in strong, away from the play, to score goals. I'm a bit of a sniper in this game really...

I love Rocket League a LOT. It might be my favorite game this year right now actually. In a lot of ways, I find that it's closer to hockey than it is to soccer. I mean, there are few players on the field, there are boards, there is contact and the action is lightning fast!