December 27, 2017

Street Fighter V

Date played: December 26th
Platform: PS4

I was hanging out with my brother last night and we ended up playing a few rounds of Street Fighter V, mostly trying out some of the new characters. We had about 7 or 8 battles and we started with a classic Ryu vs Ken. This went well, I won, but barely.
Laura really fits my playstyle

I had a really good time playing as both Laura and F.A.N.G.. Laura is closer to my style, favoring slow movement with heavy impact moves, focused on her kicks. Her special moves are comfortable to pull off for me, since they are based on quarter circles, like Ken and Ryu. F.A.N.G. was a lot weirder to use, but lots of fun. He uses charge moves, so I wasn't as comfortable, but he's got very odd movement, akin to a drunken master or even someone like Voldo in Soul Calibur. He was harder to use, but he was honestly lots of fun to play as.

Street Fighter V is a lot better than when it first came out, and there's a big arcade mode release coming soon, so I might pick it up in the next year sometime. It's definitely a high quality game and it's awesome to play local versus.