December 11, 2017

Rocket League

Date played: December 9th and 10th
Platform: PS4

I don't really have a "big" game right now that is capturing my attention. I've been trying to get into Deus Ex, but it's a bit slow and isn't really grabbing me. Racing games are still great, but they require intense concentration, which isn't always what I'm looking for in a video game. Same with Cuphead. I kind of got sick of Overwatch, though I'm sure I'll come back to it someday. Then there's the amazing Switch games, Mario and Zelda, but I guess I still need some multiplayer action once in awhile. So I've been defaulting to Rocket League. Always good, always fast, always fun.
I speed ahead of the competition to score an open-net goal!

I'm doing better and better, landing more aerial shots and generally playing better, though I still get my ass kicked on a regular basis. I'm settling back into my usual role in a sports team, the playmaker. While I still score a few goals here and there, most of my effort is usually focused on controlling the play and creating scoring opportunities for my team while eliminating enemy opportunities. This game is always a good choice to relieve some stress and relax.