December 19, 2017

FX Pinball 3

Date played: December 18th
Platform: PS4

FX Pinball 3 is just another version of Zen Pinball, under a different name. This series has such a weird naming convention... Either way, it's the newest launcher for the tables and it replaces Zen Pinball 2. I bought some tables, since I felt like playing some pinball, then tried them all once.

I got Portal, The Walking Dead, DOOM, Skyrim, Fallout, Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, a couple of Star Wars VII tables and a couple of more generic tables. My favorites were easily Ms. Marvel, the Kylo Ren table, the Fallout table and a theme park table.
Ms Marvel is a great table

Ms. Marvel is probably my favorite superhero of them all, so I was happy to see the table keep her quirky style and colorful art. It's fast table too, with lots of fun ramps and events. Kylo Ren feels a bit like that too. Skyrim and Fallout are particular because they allow for some character creation and equipment, which is fucking weird for a pinball game.

DOOM was particularly cool because of the awesome music and visual effects. I tend to favor tables that are more "realistic", in the sense that they could be possible in real life, so I love fancy lights and long ramps. Speaking of long ramps, one of the most fun tables was the theme park. Filled with clowns, roller coasters and carnival crap, this table feels like an old school, unlicensed pinball, and that's great.