January 31, 2016

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Date played: January 30th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

I spent a lot of time just clearing the areas and reclaiming the boroughs. I've cleared 4 out of 7 areas in the game, taking them over by killing the Blighters that occupy them, liberating child slaves, kidnapping high ranked enemies and just wrecking havoc on London in general. I also fought a lot of chests and other collectibles. This made me enough money to buy lots of upgrades for my gear, but also for my gang, the Rooks.

After that was done, I played another murder investigation mission. A war veteran had opened a munitions factory after he made some bad decisions in the war and caused many soldiers to die in combat. The mystery was thick, as there had been multiple shots fired near the scene of his death. I found some kids who were doing some practice shooting, a shop owner who was doing target practice, and a beer transporter who was in the area during the shooting. Using Eagle Vision, it was fun to look at the bullet trails and find clues until I found the murderer. These are some of the coolest missions in the game yet.
These murder investigations are fun and unique
Next, I met with Ned Wynert who offered me some lucrative missions where I must hijack horse carriages to make some money. Carriages are a nice addition to the game. Combat is pretty crazy in those things... I can boost, ram other carriages and even shoot enemies and other horses with my pistol.

Finally, I continued the story a little bit by completing another mission as Jacob. He continues to investigate the source of the poisonous elixirs being sold on the streets. This led me to a distillery where I met, of all people, Charles Darwin. While it's not clear yet why Darwin is interested in the elixir, he helped me sabotage the distillery and blow up the whole place.