January 16, 2016

"Kids, I remember when..."

Date played: January 15th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

I spent some time at my brother's house who invited me, another of our brothers and a couple of friends to play some video games last night. It started with a bunch of Rocket League. At first, we did some 2 vs 2 locally, picking random teams. The first match was rough for everyone, no one was warmed up. However, after a few rounds, people got comfortable and we had some really fun matches. I played well, as usual, I even had a very good aerial goal somewhere in there!

Then we decided to do some 4 vs 4 online in Chaos mode, a mode we don't play very often. It was lots of fun, but it's a completely different game. Having 8 people on the field makes things a lot more complicated and a lot more difficult. Getting the ball out of the center of the field is a real feat, so scoring is also quite difficult. We actually got into overtime at 0-0, then I scored the winning goal after another 5 minutes of playing! 10 minutes of grueling fighting...

After this, we decided to play a bit of 2 vs 2 NHL 15, Sens vs Habs of course. It's been a long time since I played a hockey video game, and I've always had trouble scoring in these games, though I make pretty damn good plays. Thankfully, my partner is a pretty good scorer, so we managed to hold our own, though we didn't win a game.

Finally, we got into a bit of Towerfall. The Last of the Order, the Turncloak Soldier, the Vigilante Thief and the Vicious Vessel fought to the death for victory! As usual, Towerfall is a lot of fun and is very very fair. We swapped wins all night until we were simply too tired to continue.