January 4, 2016

Yoshi's Woolly World

Date played: January 3rd
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 8/10

The holidays meant that I haven't played as many games as usual, especially on weekends, but I still managed to sneak in a bit of Yoshi's Woolly World with my daughter yesterday. We played only one new level, but it was fucking awesome.

To put this in context, you must know that my daughter has started school this year, and her desk neighbour started a trend in the classroom. The big thing in their class is rainbows. They draw rainbows, they color stuff with rainbow colors, there's rainbows absolutely everywhere.
Rainbows are pretty!
Level 3-7, named Fanciful Fluff and Feathers, is ALL about rainbows and fluffy clouds, so as you can imagine, my daughter loved it! The way the level is made, the rainbows grow and shrink to make for some moving, temporary platforms. The clouds were also a key element since I could jump into them, then climb out, creating some pretty cool segments. At one point, I asked my daughter why she loved rainbows and was surprised to hear just about the cutest damn answer I could have gotten.

"Daddy, everyone loves rainbows. They are pretty!"

We then went back into previous levels to gather flowers and yarn balls we had missed. We still have one level to go through and gather the remaining collectibles before heading over to the last level of World 3.