January 17, 2016

Toy Box Turbos demo

Date played: January 17th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 7/10

Micro Machines on NES was an important game for me. It was a Christmas gift when I was quite young, maybe 7 or 8 years old, and it became one of the games I played the most during my childhood. The 2 player mode was fucking awesome and I spent hours and hours playing against my brothers. In fact, it might have been the game that gave birth to my love of racing games.

By all accounts, Toy Box Turbos is a Micro Machines game, except it doesn't have the license for it. The demo was pretty cool, featuring 2 cars, both of them taxis, and maybe 3 different tracks. It looks real pretty, handles real well and is just a lot of fun, I just wish the demo had more to it I guess.
This game is awesome...
They do some cool stuff with the camera to makes things more exciting. There are also some weapons, though I was so far in first place that I never got to use them. And of course, the main draw here are the incredible tracks. The best was set on a kitchen table, including a toaster jump, a dangerous mixer obstacle, spilt milk, jam and other fun stuff. I loved what I played of this and would like to play some more, preferably in multiplayer.