January 7, 2016

Rocket League

Date played: January 6th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

You know what's great about Rocket League? It's easy to just play a few quick matches between life's important tasks. With 5 minute matches, I don't mind playing a game or two anytime I have a few spare minutes. I did that a bit last night, playing a match here and there. At first, I played a few ranked matches and did pretty well, but I lost all my matches there. The competition is definitely better in these playlists. Both matches were really fucking close though, so I felt good about how I played.
I score in the midst of a melee near the goal!
Later, I ended up playing with the same group of people for about 4 or 5 matches. We were all pretty good and all had good sportsmanship, being polite and playing for the good of the team rather than individual performance. One of the players was a bit better than everyone and had a few incredible aerial shots, but he wasn't that much better that he dominated the match. I had a great time playing with these guys.