March 22, 2015

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Date played: March 22nd
Platform: Wii
Session fun rating: 9/10

I completed Skyview Temple, the forest themed temple where Zelda was last seen. The forest theme was prevalent as I hacked my way through a multitude of spider webs, killed countless bats, battled ferocious spiders and swung on hanging vines to travel from place to place. The slingshot proved useful to open doors and make my way through the dungeon.

As I got deeper and deeper in the temple, I got my little elf hands on a new item, the Beetle. This little remote flying device can be used by Link to grab faraway items, hit out of reach switches or even cut small cords, such as spider web. It's fun to fly with the motion controls too.

Fuck you, tongue-face!
At the end of the dungeon, I was faced with an evil looking person called Lord Ghirahim. He says he rules the surface world and is chasing after Zelda. After a typical, evil villain speech, the disgusting fucker slithered his tongue out near Link's face... I was speechless. Of course, I had to fight him, and he's got some sick sword skills. I had to aim my sword attacks in the right direction based on the position of his hand. Thankfully, he didn't hit all that hard, so I could afford a few mistakes, even if I had to use a red potion to survive. I got a tablet piece for my troubles and an explanation of how Zelda was heading to another temple to "cleanse her body".