March 21, 2015

Battlefield Hardline

Date played: March 20th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

Well, I don't even have any of the fun weapons unlocked and I'm already having a lot of fun with Battlefield Hardline's multiplayer Heist mode! Even with the default weapons, attachments and equipment, I still managed to get the top score in the entire lobby twice in 5 games. I had a negative kill/death ratio only once. In short, I love playing Hardline and I'm pretty good at it.

The thing that really distinguishes this game from other shooters is that teamwork is actually encouraged. The scores reflect a player's impact on the match outcome a lot more than something like Call of Duty. For example, sniping and camping in Heist mode is not really rewarding for anyone. High K/D ratios don't mean jack shit if you're shooting players that are not going for the objective. I love that. It rewards smart play.
This map is impressive
I got into a few new maps for Heist mode, namely a large house near a forest fire and a very cool villa. In fact, there were even some getaway boats, cars and other vehicles in the villa map, which made the action even more intense. I love the Heist mode...