March 26, 2015

Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

Date played: March 25th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 8/10

Code Name S.T.E.A.M. is a cool game to play while watching Netflix because it's turn based... I played about 4 missions while watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. There's some sort of book that we are looking for, though the story is complete fucking non-sense. The missions themselves were fun though, we even fought through parts of the White House!

Two new characters joined our team in the process, both of which are useful and powerful. The Fox is a sniper. She has good overwatch capabilities, but also has very high damage when hitting a weak spot. I like her a lot, she will definitely be a permanent team member. The other character is Califa, a sort of amazon warrior woman armed with a rocket launcher. I like her a lot too, her weapon is very versatile. I'm thinking of replacing Queequeg with her.

The Fox is fucking awesome
One of the battles had me fight a large alien with five tentacled eyes, each of which were a weak spot. The Fox was the perfect character to snipe at the monster from a long distance. Another cool mission had us racing against aliens to reach a target area. We started on a catwalk, but some tiles were fragile and would collapse under a character's weight if I walked over it. This was a fun mission where I had to be a bit more reckless.

The deeper I get into this game, the more I like it, though there have been a few missions that were too frustrating. I also think some sort of mini-map or overhead view would have helped this game...