March 5, 2015

Driveclub

Date played: March 4th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a few more events of the Ignite single player DLC pack. It started easily enough with a drift event in a new car, the BMW M4. It took me only 4 or 5 attempts to get the three stars on it. It's the next event that really dug it's claws into me. Using another new car, the nervous KTM X-Bow R, I completed a 4 lap race.

The KTM X-Bow R is kind of a bitch to drive
That's where I spent most of my time... That car is just very difficult to handle at high speeds. While it's pretty solid on the road, the slightest bit of grass, dirt or gravel will send it spinning out of control It didn't help that the track itself was narrow and there were 9 other AI cars taking up space on it... The time target for a lap was very tight too. The event was already difficult enough, but on top of that, the last lap took place in the total darkness of night. It took me a good hour to get all three stars on this event. It was pretty frustrating, but also incredibly satisfying in the end.

The next event, a 2 race lightweight series was a piece of cake in comparison. I was given the option to use the BAC Mono, a car I learned to love in other events. Once again, the little beast was up to the task. I only had to restart the event twice before I got all three stars on my 3rd try.