September 30, 2012

Dirt Showdown

Date played: September 30th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

Mad Max without guns
I played five events in single player to kill some time. Eliminator is still lots of fun, I played a few 8 ball runs and a knockout event. I also had to buy a heavy van to survive one of the Marked Man events. This is an event where you have to survive as long as possible in a demolition derby track. The twist is that every car out there is after YOU. It gets real crazy because there are more cars added to the mix every 20-30 seconds... I just couldn't survive long enough in my regular car but as soon as I bought that van, I survived something like 40 seconds more than my last attempt. Money is scarce in this game so buying a car is a big risk, I'm glad that I made the right choice here.