September 30, 2012

Darksiders 2

Date played: September 29th and 30th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 10/10

I finished Darksiders 2. Wow. After the disappointing Earth chapter, the game went back to the good stuff with two more massive dungeons, both focused on the Voidwalker, the portal gun. The first dungeon was in Lostlight where I solved tons of puzzles with the portal, fought tougher enemies and jumped my way to the final boss. I had to purify water by creating portals next to light globes. It got really complicated at points, though never as crazy as the first game.

Then shit happened, someone betrayed me and I fought him. I even chopped off his fucking wings. It was great. Moving on to the last realm, Samael's. He was a major character in the first game and his dungeon was full of portals again. This time though, the Voidwalker created time portals so that I had to travel back and forth between past and present in the dungeon. It made for some really cool puzzles. Then I fought him in the best boss fight of the game.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: The Money Shot
Last but not least, I reached the final boss, beat the shit out of him and redeemed War. It ended a little bit quickly but it was definitely a good ending. Of course, this wouldn't be a game about four horsemen without a glimpse of the other three. I really hope we get Darksiders 3 and 4 someday, as long as they don't make it a bad third person shooter like that Earth level.