September 17, 2012

Dirt Showdown

Date played: September 16th and 17th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 7/10

Big Picture mode is awesome!
I played a few split screen events with a buddy who was visiting. We played some races, 8 Ball, Knockout and Demolition events. He wasn't very good with the races but he did well in Knockout and Demolition. He was more impressed with how seamless my PC gaming is, due to the TV as monitor, the surround sound, the two controller support, the split screen and Steam's Big Picture mode. This is a new interface that Valve made for customers like me, those who use their PC's as a next gen console. It makes the Steam interface easily controlled with a controller and easy to read at a distance. In fact, it works better than the interfaces for PS3 and 360 if you ask me.

I also played a whole lot of split screen with my uncle who was visiting. He's not a gamer at all but he managed to get pretty good after a few events. In fact, he was really good at the demolition derby event, often outscoring me.