September 22, 2012

F1 2012 demo

Date played: September 20th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 6/10

Codemasters keeps impressing me at every turn. They have made another high quality F1 racing game with F1 2012 that looks simply sublime in glorious 1080p and high settings. In the demo, I only played the new driver tutorials which weren't super fun but show that the game is well made and controls well. The racing line in particular is really cool looking because it has 3D effects. Basically, if I need to brake a lot, the racing line will have 3D blocks at car height to make it easier to understand if you need to brake more or not. It's hard to explain but it works really well. Also, this is one of the most visually impressive games I've played on this PC. The reflections and shadows are kind of insane... Either way, I won't buy this at full price, I still have Dirt Showdown to play with, but if there's a nice sale around Christmas on Steam, this would be a good game to pick up on the cheap.