September 17, 2012

New Super Mario Bros 2

Date played: September 15th, 16th and 17th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through all of the fourth world, getting all it's secret exits and almost all secret coins. There were quite a few auto-scrolling levels in this world, including a few underwater, including parts of the boss battle! While I generally like auto-scrolling levels, the underwater ones are kind of a bad idea. Water levels are almost always bad and boring and this game is no exception. There's also a weird thing going on where some secrets are hidden in mini pipes and the only way to get them is with a mini mushroom, however, they don't spawn in regular item blocks. As far as I can tell, they are only available through the Toad houses which are limited. So far, I've been able to get what I need to get the secrets but I hope there isn't a point where I can't get a secret because I'm out of Toad houses.