September 8, 2012

New Super Mario Bros 2

This level rocks
Date played: September 8th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 7/10

I replayed a few levels to open up secret paths and get some of those nasty hidden coins. I actually had to resort to a youtube video twice because I just couldn't find the secret exits. Then I played the new levels which were all decent but not amazing.

A lot of this game feels like that. It's clearly good but it's rarely spectacular, as opposed to 3D Land which was almost always great. I also played a few levels of the third world. One of them was actually really cool with spider webs scattered throughout that act as temporary climbing platforms. There was also another good level that was filled with plant vines to climb, complete with vertical auto-scrolling. I have unlocked the Flower world as well but I won't play it until I finish world 3.