September 8, 2012

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Date played: September 8th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a bit of multiplayer and I had a few really amazing games, stuff like 19-2, 14-3 and a 12-2. It seems that my new kill streaks are helping a lot. Care packages give me some good stuff most of the time, the predator is almost always a guaranteed kill and the attack helicopter is surprisingly effective. I wonder why no one shoots it down?

Yeah, that happened.
Then I played a lot of single player. I had a crazy ride in a subway, chasing it down in a truck. Then I rescued the American vice president from a hostage situation using a chopper gunner. Then shit happened. Makarov unleashed a chemical attack all over Europe, starting with London, then Berlin and Paris. In Berlin, the level felt a lot like the WW2 Normandy Beach assault. Paris was fucking crazy though, we even visited the catacombs. There was an AC-130 segment which seems to have become sort of a staple of the series. The cherry on the cake was a three or four minute siege segment near the Eifel tower. The damned thing was shot down... Crazy shit.