September 29, 2012

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Date played: September 28th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 7/10

I finished Motorstorm Apocalypse. While the tracks and vehicles are really awesome, the debris on the tracks makes this game more frustrating than it had to be. Sometimes I would only graze a piece of debris and crash, then drop down from the top three positions to 11th or 12th. I still had fun though. I rode choppers, dirt bikes, super bikes, mud pluggers, monster trucks, minis, rally trucks and super cars all the way to victory!

There were some really cool moments in the third campaign where shit flies everywhere, helicopters shoot at everyone, jets destroy parts of the track and I even avoided a fucking jumbo jet landing on the tarmac. To be honest though, a lot of it felt like a second rate Split/Second, a game I really loved. There are rumors that Evolution Studios, responsible for Motorstorm, might be working on the Wipeout franchise now that Studio Liverpool is closed. That worries me a bit since Wipeout is about smooth racing and Motorstorm is FAR from that. Either way, I enjoyed this game but it definitely could have been better had the tracks been a bit cleaner.
Yep, that's a monster truck escaping a crashing jumbo jet. EXTREME!!!