September 24, 2012

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Date played: September 23rd
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

I finished Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3! This was a short game, as all CoD's are, but it was pretty good. Everything is less impressive when it's the third time they do it but this game still managed to keep my attention and entertain me. The last act of the game really wraps up the whole story without feeling too rushed and has a satisfying conclusion.

The Juggernaut level was awesome
The third act had all sorts of crazy shit going on but the highlight has to be the last mission. I mean, it's almost like it's from another game. Yuri and Price are going after Makarov one last time and they came prepared! They both have M60's and a Juggernaut suit which makes them almost invincible, but also very slow. Then the game throws dozens of bad guys your way and I just had to mow them all down. It was really cool and had a bit of the last stand feel to it that we saw at the end of Halo Reach.

There was also a cool bit with the American team who goes out to rescue the President and his daughter. The best part was a slow motion sequence where the president is held hostage. Overall, I had fun with this game and I think I'm mostly done with it unless I fall back into the multiplayer. Worth playing though, that's for sure.