September 18, 2012

Darksiders 2

Date played: September 17th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played through the Phariseer's Tomb, one of the three dungeons I was tasked to clear by the King of the Dead. I am looking for his three assistants. The Phariseer's Tomb was full of clever platforming, explosive bombs and levers. The puzzles were actually pretty interesting even if they were a little generic. This is a four level dungeon with an elevator in the middle. I've also started using Murder, a spell that summons crows to fight for you. They are extremely weak at this point but I imagine when I start putting more points into them that they might be worth it, we'll see. I have also bought all combat abilities so now money will be all for gear basically.

Death fighting stuff and looking awesome.
At the end of the dungeon, I was granted a new ability that summons the Phariseer for assistance at certain locations. He will be able to push pressure plates for me and can walk through gates to pull levers and such. I think this will complicate the puzzles quite a bit and I wouldn't be surprised if I had three different guys to summon after doing the next two dungeons. I can't wait to see what the next one is!