September 25, 2012

Darksiders 2

Date played: September 23rd
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

I have two ghost soldier buddies! I completed that whole part of the game and seem to be moving towards the end of this section of the Tree of Life. Again, lots of fighting, jumping and climbing which was all enjoyable, if not amazing. There were a lot of puzzles involving sending my minions to push pressure plates or pull levers, some of which were definitely complicated. I beat a boss (easily)and at the same time, completed a side quest to kill a giant spider thing in the Psychameron dungeon. I then cashed in my junk at the goat man thing. I also upgraded my stats with some of the collectibles.

I tried out the Crucible which is a sort of combat arena with rewards at the end. What's cool about it is that you can bail out after a few waves and cash in your reward or just keep going and get a better reward, if you survive. I only played a few waves but it was pretty rough and the reward kind of sucked but I should try for a higher level reward next time.