September 29, 2012

Darksiders 2

Date played: September 28th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 7/10

I grabbed some sick loot and armed myself with a shiny new pair of possessed scythes that make me incredibly strong. I was excited to use them in the next dungeon but unfortunately, it wasn't so. I reached the next area of the Tree of Life which was very promising. It's called Lostlight and is basically a rebel camp for Angels of sorts. It's guardian said I could find the key to the Well of Souls if I brought back his rod but it turns out that the rod was on Earth.

Don't try to be a third person shooter Darksiders, you suck at it.
The story part is really cool. The dungeon takes place while War is doing his thing and I met one of the lady angels that played a big part in the first game. The whole dungeon is on Earth but it didn't play like a regular dungeon. While I appreciate the effort to change things up, it was actually pretty damn boring. There is no platforming, there are no puzzles and there isn't even any real melee combat. The whole thing felt like a bad, linear third person shooter. I picked up two different guns, one felt like a sort of assault rifle/shotgun combo and the other was closer to a rocket launcher. Then I shot guys in the face for an hour with bad aiming in corridors.

Thankfully, I'm done with that, I have the rod and the guardian of Lostlight let me borrow his gryphon to reach the next area that should have the key. That part looks more interesting, we'll see how it plays out. I reached level 20 and I feel like I'm reaching the end.