September 22, 2012

Double Dragon Neon demo

Date played: September 21st
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 8/10

I had tons of fun with this demo! I would probably be bored of it in an hour, just like any great arcade game, but I enjoyed the time I played. I played Double Dragon with my brother back on the NES when I was a kid and while we were pretty awful, I still have good memories of this game. This is a remake-ish game made by WayForward, the team responsible for such gems as A Boy and his Blob and Contra 4.

The demo has two or three levels, truly amazing music, a cool visual style and some crazy weapons and beat-em up moves. The best part is the intro though. Thug walks up to woman, punches her in the stomach, straight up, and kidnaps her. I also played co-op with my brother and that actually a lot better than playing alone since the characters don't have any blocking or anything. That means me and my bro could help each other out and not take as much damage. Also, you can do high fives. That is all.