September 12, 2012

NHL 13

The goalies are more acrobatic than ever.
Date played: September 10th and 11th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

My local game store had an NHL 13 tournament with the game itself as the grand prize at midnight! I went with a friend and we picked a team at random from a bucket. I scored the Oilers and he got the Canucks. He was set up against Calgary and I was against my favorite team, the Sens. Unfortunately, we both got knocked out in the first round. He lost 2-0 and I lost 1-0 in OT. In the end though it was a lot of fun. We met a bunch of cool players and there was a lot of testosterone in the air but it never got ugly.

The next day, I bought the game and played five online matches. It was a rough start though. Using the Sens as usual, I lost 1-0, 2-1 and 3-0. I then finally got a damned win with a solid 3-0 and lost my final match 2-0. The game is definitely improved from last year's, I seem to do better than before due to my good positioning and solid defense. Unfortunately, I still can't fucking score on a regular basis but I believe that if I just practice often, I will start scoring a lot more.