August 11, 2013

Skylanders Giants

Ignitor is my favorite
Date played: August 10th and 11th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 6/10

I played some Giants with my brother who was visiting. He saw the figurines on the shelf and was curious to see them in action. We played the second level (very casually...) in co-op. He played most of the way with Tree Rex, swapping out a few times to use Cynder and Hex. I played most of it with Ignitor and a bit with Whirlwind. The level was pretty simple, though we didn't find all the secrets. There was more combat than the first level and the enemies were definitely stronger and more resilient. Archer enemies were a pain as they would hide on top of ledges. Ignitor's bombs proved useful in that situation. Both Ignitor and Tree Rex levelled up, though I didn't take the time to figure out what that really means. All I could see is that they have a few more hit points than before.

I then nought an upgrade to sword damage for Ignitor. I also played a challenge map that had me save rainbow colored singing geckos from rock prisons. It was easiest to use Tree Rex as he is could knock down walls easily. I was rewarded with a stat upgrade.