August 5, 2013

Final Fantasy VI

Date played: August 3rd
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 9/10

Well, I think I've made it further into this game than I ever have before. Terra, Locke and Shadow investigated the small town of Thamasa. I observed some weird things around town such as a young boy practising the Fire spell, a child begging her mother to cast Cure on her and most importantly, a old fart and what appears to be his grand-daughter or child.

When a fire breaks out in one of the houses, the town reveals that most of it's habitants are descendent of the espers and stuff. The old man, Strago, joins us while Shadow leaves again. Strago is the blue mage of this game. He learns monsters magic basically. I hate these types of classes generally but he dealt good damage with his spells and ice rod. We fought some fire based enemies and a boss, none of which were very difficult.


Strago is cool, but I don't like blue mages 
We then left together to investigate the mountain where espers might be. We climbed the mountain, fighting enemies until we reached three statues of old goddesses. We fought Ultros again, the blue octopus. That's when Relm came in, Strago's little girl person. She sketched (!) Ultros and he died. I have no fucking idea what happened there and don't understand the ability... That's where I stopped for the night.