August 22, 2013

Bioshock Infinite

Date played: August 21st
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 8/10

I've played through a ton of this game. The story has progressed a lot and is interesting. There's a lot going on with alternate dimensions and shit, it's pretty cool. The environments have all been completely amazing, the fighting is actually fun and the whole thing is inviting to play. I think I may be about 2/3 through the game, but it's a bit hard to say. I got tons of new spells, including a battering ram ability that I really like. I've been gearing for melee a bit which has been useful. I rely on the possession spell still, combined with the carbine, shotgun, sniper rifle or rocket launcher depending on the situation.
Spot on.

Speaking of rocket launchers, they've become a more important part of my arsenal as bigger enemies started showing up. Patriots and Handymen are all very strong and fun to fight. As I've played more of the game though, it's flaws are really starting to become annoying.

For example, it's really fucking weird that every major enemy spend most of their time talking to Booker on a loudspeaker. What the fuck, who does that? Also, why does everyone record their intimate thoughts on vinyl recording devices then leave them around for people to find and listen to? Why are there sandwiches hidden in trash cans and cash registers? Why does every fucking song sound like a goat being fucked by chimp? Anyway...