August 20, 2013

Bioshock Infinite

Date played: August 19th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 8/10

More shootin bad guys, more looting, more possessing enemies and a very inefficient power company. I got hold of a sniper rifle, which was useful in a couple of fights. The the real highlight was the regular rifle. That thing is powerful, accurate and fun to shoot enemies with. I also looted some better clothes and improved my battle shield a lot. Elizabeth unlocks doors, kind of like Joel does in The Last Of Us with shivs, she does with lockpicks.
This section of the game is awesome

The electric company that runs the transport to the airship to Paris is shitty. The power went out on the thing and no one will fix it, so Booker has to get an electricity spell to progress. This brought us to the Hall of Heroes. I learned tons more about the story and the rivalry between Comstock and the other dude. There was also two large expositions on the battles of Peking and against the natives of America. I learned that Booker did some awful shit of some sort back there. I also learned more about Elizabeth's use of tears to travel and her family, though I won't spoil the details. This game is tons of fun, but I can't shake the feeling that I've played it twice before. That was probably when I played Bioshock and it's sequel.