August 24, 2013

Gravity Rush

Fuck this tower
Date played: August 23rd
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 4/10

Well, I've played the worst level in the game so far, that's for sure. I was tasked with fixing the third piece of the second neighbourhood by the weird creator guy again, only this time, my cat ate something weird which handicapped Kat's gravity shifting abilities to the point where I was completely fucking frustrated. It wouldn't have been much of a problem if the level had been just about fighting or something, but the focus here was on platforming. Without Kat's gravity shifting abilities in full force, it became really difficult to navigate. The on foot controls for this game are pretty fucking awful and made it much harder to complete the section than it should have been.

The area was full of giant mushrooms that I had to climb, eventually fighting a boss that rests on a large tower. The problem is that I fell off many times and had to spend the next 5 minutes making my way back the boss. Once I beat him, I had to beat him again in the regular world. This was a lot more fun since my abilities were back to normal. I've also completed a couple of challenges and opened up the fourth section of the city, though I haven't visited it yet.