August 18, 2013

Runner 2

I am NEVER typing the entire title of this game
Date played: August 17th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

Playstation Plus has been amazing to me. I have tons of games I have yet to even launch like Saint's Row The Third, Spec Ops The Line, Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, Hitman Absolution among a bunch of others. Runner 2 is the newest addition to the list. This is an automatic running platformer. Basically, Mario, but you can't stop running.

Now, I've played tons of these on iOS and Android, but none of them were really all that fun. Runner 2's hook is that everything goes to the beat. Every jump, item, gold piece and checkpoint adds something to the music and it just feels good. I don't think this is the kind of game I will complete, but it's a nice thing to play in short bursts. I only played the first four levels which were easy, but I can see how this is gonna get crazy real fast.