June 22, 2013

The Last of Us

Date played: June 21st
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

I had my first encounter with a clicker, as well as it's humanoid fungal cohorts. The clickers require a shiv for a one hit stealth kill. The secret though, is that these fuckers are blind, that means I can use the flashlight, I can move slowly around them and I can bait them easily with bricks and bottles. However, they have an amazing sense of hearing and will kill Joel in a single hit.
Joel is about to die folks.

The encounter took me a few tries as I first drew too much attention, then I walked too quickly. After that I ran around like a chicken trying to kill them with a piece of lumber. Finally, I made it through by stealthily taking out the clickers and infected, keeping the shivs for the former. I fabricated health kits, shivs and molotov cocktails using items found in the world. The molotov made it possible for me to take out three clickers with shivs, two with a molotov and the three infected with strangles or melee.

Whew! Our three person group made it a little closer to the town hall, the maguffin of the story so far.