June 4, 2013

Grid 2

Date played: June 3rd
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played almost exclusively online as the AI, as usual, sucks in this game. It just doesn't look anything like what real players are playing like. Sure, it looks a lot like a real car would normally drive, but playing online reveals that real players know this is a video game, and that makes it a lot more fun.

Screen capture provided by roommate :-)
Online, people are a bit dangerous. Everyone seems to try their best with a few exceptions who cause crashes for no reason. However, most crashes seem pretty damn natural to me. In fact, I've crashed so many times that I can start to believe everyone plays like a gentleman. Either way, I ended up in the back half of most races. I managed a couple of fourth and fifth finishes but most of the time, I was in the seventh to tenth range. The faster cars are extremely difficult to handle at times but also provide some fucking awesome sequences! I am only a level 2 player which severely limits my options but I'm sure I'll get better in time.