June 11, 2013

Bioshock Infinite

Date played: June 10th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 7/10

Skyhookin'
I played through a short portion of the game, though honestly, nothing of note really happened. This was a basic explore and shoot section. I did pick up a new vigor, a murder of crows that stuns enemies. It was useful in some of the larger battles I had while exploring this section. I also learned how to fight while on the sky hook rail system. Basically, instead of just jumping from one spot to the next, I was able to travel through the city by riding the rails, similar to what was done in Metroid Prime 3. The difference is that in Bioshock, I am able to control the speed of my character and shoot enemies on the fly. It works well and feels fucking amazing. I hope there's a bit of story soon...