June 15, 2013

Civilization V

Date played: June 12th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 10/10

The Irish are taking over the continent... I fought a very long and strenuous war against China. In fact, I am still nibbling at their last city, a coastal town that they built a few turns before I declared war on them. I did manage to annex both Beijing and Shanghai as well as another small town. Shanghai and the other city weren't too much trouble but Beijing was a fucking bitch to crack. I used mostly cannons, lancers and musket-men to take it over but it cost me a lot of units. The fact that the Chinese built the Great Wall didn't really help matters much. Eventually though, I managed to overpower the city.
My nation of Irish Muslims at war with China

I also conquered the city-state of Prague as it stood in the way of China's last city. They didn't put up a fight. I'm not quite sure of the direction I want to take with this game yet. I think a cultural victory is possible but I have a lot of cities, which makes it harder. I think the scientific victory is the most realistic for this game...