June 4, 2013

Fire Emblem Awakening

Date played: June 2nd and 3rd
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 10/10

Walhart is a fucking asshole...

I played through chapter 25, the last before the end boss. I also completed Paralogues 18 and 19, along with some scattered random challenge battles.

Chapter 25 was quite dramatic but not very difficult at all. I just trampled through the trashy enemies on the way to the boss, Aversa, Validar's....partner? Paralogue 18 wasn't really difficult either as it had pretty weak enemies. Gangrel, one of the early bosses, is among the enemies and he seems like a defeated man. I spoke to him with Chrom, but unusually, he didn't quite join my team right away. I had to speak to him three times before he finally agreed and I could kill the boss.
Walhart is the motherfucking king of red lobsters

Paralogue 19 was a whole other ordeal though. It was easily one of the hardest levels in the game so far. The enemies are very numerous and pretty damn strong. While one of them is far from being a threat to any on my team, two are very dangerous to some of my weaker units. It took three failed attempts before I could survive until the end with all characters alive. In my first attempt, the reinforcements surprised me. In the two following tries, Lissa, my main healer, died. I finally paired her up with Sully who has high defense to bolster her survivability. I also abandoned the idea of splitting my team up into small groups. I just moved like a little, 12 headed turtle. When Walhart finally got close without killing anyone, I took him down easily with Gerome, my now overpowered flying axeman.