June 19, 2013

Mario vs Donkey Kong

This is a lot harder than it looks.
Date played: June 18th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 8/10

Holy shit, this game got hard fast. World 5 is definitely a step up from the rest of the game. I struggled with one section in particular that had me throwing a key around conveyor belts that were also blocked by red and blue platforms. It took me a while and four Game Overs before I even figured out what to do. I died mostly to the timer running out.

The solution was to throw a key on one of the conveyor belts and make a quick run through the top of the level to get back to the appropriate switch. The problem is that it's there is absolutely no room for mistakes in the platforming after dropping the key since it also has a timer on it. I eventually made it through but it took me a long fucking time. I made it all the way to 5-5, though I definitely spend more time on each level now that I did at the beginning.